Unit 133 Verb + Preposition 5 | in/into/with/to/on
동사 + 전치사 5
A Verb + in
believe IN . . .
- Do you believe in God? (= Do you believe that God exists?)
- I believe in saying what I think. (= I believe it is right to say what I think)
but believe something (= believe it is true), believe somebody (= believe they are telling the truth)
- The story can’t be true, I don’t believe it. (not believe in it)
specialize IN . . .
- Helen is a lawyer. She specializes in corporate law.
succeed IN . . .
- I hope you succeed in finding the job you want.
B Verb + into
break INTO . . .
- Our house was broken into a few days ago, but nothing was stolen.
crash / drive / bump / run INTO . . .
- He lost control of the car and crashed into a wall.
divide / cut / split something INTO two or more parts
- The book is divided into three parts.
translate a book, etc. FROM one language INTO another
- Ernest Hemingway’s books have been translated into many languages.
C Verb + with
collide WITH . . .
- There was an accident this morning. A bus collided with a car.
fill something WITH . . . (but full of . . . – see Unit 128B)
- Take this pot and fill it with water.
provide / supply somebody WITH . . .
- The school provides all its students with books.
D Verb + to
happen TO . . .
- What happened to that gold watch you used to have? (= Where is it now?)
invite somebody TO a party / a wedding, etc.
- They only invited a few people to their wedding.
prefer one thing/person TO another
- I prefer tea to coffee.
E Verb + on
concentrate ON . . .
- Don’t look out the window. Concentrate on your work.
insist ON . . .
- I wanted to go alone, but some friends of mine insisted on coming with me.
spend (money) ON . . .
- How much money do you spend on food each week?
§ Units 126-133, 135-142(3rd Ed. 추가분)은 설명없이 책의 내용을 그대로 옮겼습니다. – 國伊
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.