Unit 128 Adjective + Preposition 2
형용사 + 전치사 2
A Adjective + of (1)
afraid / frightened / terrified / scared OF . . .
- “Are you afraid of spiders?” “Yes, I’m terrified of them.”
fond / proud / ashamed / jealous / envious OF . . .
- Why are you always so jealous of other people?
suspicious / critical / tolerant OF . . .
- He didn’t trust me. He was suspicious of my intentions.
B Adjective + of (2)
aware / conscious OF . . .
- “Did you know he was married?” “No, I wasn’t aware of that.”
capable / incapable OF . . .
- I’m sure you are capable of passing the exam.
full / short OF . . .
- The letter I wrote was full of mistakes. (not full with)
- I’m a little short of money. Can you lend me some?
typical OF . . .
- He’s late again. It’s typical of him to keep everybody waiting.
tired / sick OF . . .
- Come on, let’s go! I’m tired of waiting. (= I’ve had enough of waiting.)
certain / sure OF or ABOUT . . .
- I think she’s arriving tonight, but I’m not sure of that. or . . . sure about that.
C Adjective + at / to / from / in / on / with / for
good / bad / excellent / better / hopeless, etc. AT . . .
- I’m not very good at repairing things. (not good in repairing things)
married / engaged TO . . .
- Linda is married to an American. (not married with) but
Linda is married with three children. (= she is married and has three children)
similar TO . . .
- Your writing is similar to mine.
different FROM or different THAN . . .
- The film was different from what I’d expected. (or different than what I’d expected.)
interested IN . . .
- Are you interested in art?
dependent ON . . . (but independent OF . . .)
- I don’t want to be dependent on anybody.
crowded WITH (people, etc)
- The streets were crowded with tourists. (but full of tourists)
famous FOR . . .
- The Italian city of Florence is famous for its art treasures.
responsible FOR . . .
- Who was responsible for all that noise last night?
§ Units 126-133, 135-142(3rd Ed. 추가분)은 설명없이 책의 내용을 그대로 옮겼습니다. – 國伊
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.