Unit 127 Adjective + Preposition 1
형용사 + 전치사 1
A It was nice of you to . . .
nice / kind / good / generous / polite / stupid / silly, etc. OF somebody (to do something)
- Thank you. It was very kind of you to help me.
- It is stupid of me to go out without a coat in such cold weather.
but (be) nice / kind / good / generous / polite / rude / friendly / cruel, etc. TO somebody
- They have always been very nice to me. (not with me)
- Why were you so unfriendly to Lucy?
B Adjective + about / with / at
furious / angry / mad / upset ABOUT something
- Max is really angry about what his brother said.
furious / angry
AT / WITH
somebody FOR doing something
- My parents are mad at me for disobeying them.
- Are you upset with me for being late?
- Pat’s furious with me for telling her secret. (or furious at me)
excited / worried / upset / nervous / happy, etc. ABOUT a situation
- Are you excited about going away next week?
- Lisa is upset about not being invited to the party.
delighted / pleased / satisfied / happy / disappointed WITH something you receive, or the result of something
- I was very pleased with the present you gave me.
- Were you happy with your exam results?
C Adjective + at / by / with
surprised / shocked / amazed / astonished AT / BY something
- Everybody was surprised at (or by) the news.
- I hope you weren’t shocked by (or at) what I said.
impressed WITH / BY somebody/something
- I’m very impressed with (or by) her English. It’s very good.
fed up / bored WITH something
- I don’t like my job anymore. I’m fed up with it. / I’m bored with it.
D Sorry about / for
sorry ABOUT a situation or something that happened
- I’m sorry about the mess. I’ll clean it up later.
- We’re all sorry about Julie losing her job.
sorry FOR / ABOUT something you did
- Alex is very sorry for what he said. (or sorry about what he said)
- I’m sorry for shouting at you yesterday. (or sorry about shouting)
You can also say “I’m sorry I (did something)”:
- I’m sorry I shouted at you yesterday.
feel / be sorry FOR somebody who is in a bad situation
- I feel sorry for Matt. He’s had a lot of bad luck. (not I feel sorry about Matt)
§ Units 126-133, 135-142(3rd Ed. 추가분)은 설명없이 책의 내용을 그대로 옮겼습니다. – 國伊
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.