Unit 121 In/at/on (Position) 2
- 장소·위치 표현:
in a line / in a row
in the sky / in the world
in an office / in a department
in the country / in the countryside
in a photograph / in a picture
in a book / in a (news)paper / in a magazine / in a letter
- When I go to the movies, I prefer to sit in the front row.
- I just started working in the sales department.
- Who is the woman in that photo?
- Have you seen this picture in today’s paper?
- in the front / in the back (of a car / building / theater / group of people, etc.):
- I was in the back (of the car) when we crashed.
- Let’s sit in the front (of the movie theater).
- John was standing in the back of the crowd.
on the left / on the right on the left-hand side / right-hand side
on the ground floor / on the first floor / on the second floor, etc.
on a map / on a menu / on a list
on a farm / on a ranch
- In Britain they drive on the left. (or . . . on the left-hand side)
- Our apartment is on the second floor of the building.
- Here’s a shopping list. Don’t buy anything that’s not on the list.
- Have you ever worked on a farm? It’s a lot like working on a ranch.
- on a river / on a street / on a road / on the coast 의 위치 표현:
- Washington, D.C., is on the East Coast of the United States, on the Potomac River.
- I live on Main Street. My brother lives on Elm. (= on Elm Street)
- on the way = 도중에:
- We stopped at a small town on the way to Montreal.
- on the front / on the back of the letter / a piece of paper / photo, etc. = …의 앞면에 / 뒷면에:
- I wrote the date on the back of the photo.
- at the top (of) / at the bottom (of) / at the end (of)
- Write your name at the top of the page.
- Jane’s house is at the other end of the street.
- in the corner of a room
- The television is in the corner of the room.
- at the corner or on the corner of a street
- There is a mailbox at/on the corner of the street.
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.