Unit 100 So and Such
- so 와 such 의 비교:
so + 형용사/부사:
so stupid so quick
so nice so quickly
such + 명사:
such a story such people
such + 형용사 + 명사:
such a stupid story such nice people
- I didn’t like the book. The story was so stupid.
- I like Liz and Joe. They are so nice.
- I didn’t like the book. It was such a stupid story. (not a so stupid story)
- I like Liz and Joe. They are such nice people. (not so nice people)
such a . . . (not a such)의 형태로 사용합니다.
such a big dog (not a such big dog)
- so 와 such 는 형용사(혹은 부사)를 강조합니다.
- It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it? It’s so warm. (= really warm)
- It’s difficult to understand him because he talks so quietly.
- It was a great holiday. We had such a good time. (= a really good time)
so . . . that: such . . . that:
- The book was so good that I couldn’t put it down.
- I was so tired that I fell asleep in the armchair.
- It was such a good book that I couldn’t put it down.
- It was such nice weather that we spent the whole day on the beach.
that 의 생략 that 의 생략
- I was so tired I fell asleep.
- It was such nice weather we spent . . .
- so 와 such 는 “이처럼(like this)”의 의미로도 사용합니다.
- Somebody told me the house was built 100 years ago. I didn’t realize it was so old. (= as old as it is)
- I’m tired because I got up at six. I don’t usually get up so early.
- I expected the weather to be cooler. I’m surprised it is so warm.
- I didn’t realize it was such an old house.
- You know it’s not true. How can you say such a thing?
no such . . . :
- you won’t find the word ‘blid’ in the dictionary. There’s no such word. (= this word does not exist)
- I haven’t seen her for so long I’ve forgotten what she looks like.
such a long time
- I haven’t seen her for such a long time. (not so long time)
- I didn’t know it was so far.
such a long way
- I didn’t know it was such a long way.
so much, so many
- I’m sorry I’m late – there was so much traffic.
such a lot (of)
- I’m sorry I’m late – there was such a lot of traffic.
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.