Unit 68 Countable and Uncountable Nouns 2
가산명사와 불가산명사 2
- 가산명사와 불가산명사의 두가지로 사용하는 명사가 많이 있고, 대부분의 경우 가산명사일 때와 불가산명사일 때의 의미가 다릅니다. 비교:
- Did you hear a noise just now? (= a specific noise)
- I can’t work here. There’s too much noise. (not too many noises)
- I bought a paper to read. (= a newspaper)
- I need some paper to write on. (= material for writing on)
- There’s a hair in my soup! (= one single hair)
- You’ve got very long hair. (not hairs) (= all the hair on your head)
- You can stay with us. There is a spare room. (= a room in a house)
- You can’t sit here. There isn’t any room. (= space)
- I had some interesting experiences while I was traveling. (= things that happened to me)
- They offered me the job because I had a lot of experience. (not experiences)
- Enjoy your trip. Have a good time!
- I can’t wait. I don’t have time.
- coffee/tea/juice/beer 등은 일반적으로 불가산 명사입니다.
- I don’t like coffee very much.
- 그러나, a coffee (= a cup of coffee), two coffees (= two cups) 등으로 사용할 수 있습니다.
- Two coffees and an orange juice, please.
- 가산명사로 혼동하기 쉬운 불가산명사:
advice baggage behavior bread chaos damage
furniture information luck luggage news permission
progress scenery traffic weather work
위의 명사는 불가산명사이므로 부정관사(a/an)를 사용할 수 없습니다.
- I’m going to buy some bread. or . . . a loaf of bread. (not a bread)
- Enjoy your vacation! I hope you have good weather. (not a good weather)
- 위의 명사는 “breads,” “furnitures” 등의 복수형으로 사용하지 않습니다.
- Where are you going to put all your furniture? (not furnitures)
- Let me know if you need more information. (not informations)
- news 는 복수형이 아니고 불가산명사입니다.
- The news was very depressing. (not The news were)
- travel 이 명사인 경우 일반적인 여행을 뜻하고 불가산명사입니다. a trip 대신에 a travel 이라고 할 수 없습니다.
- They spend a lot of money on travel.
- We had a very good trip. (not a good travel)
- 가산명사와 불가산 명사의 비교:
- I’m looking for a job.
- What a beautiful view!
- It’s a nice day today.
- We had a lot of bags and suitcases.
- These chairs are mine.
- It was a good suggestion.
- I’m looking for work. (not a work)
- What beautiful scenery!
- It’s nice weather today.
- We had a lot of baggage/luggage.
- This furniture is mine.
- That’s good advice.
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.