Unit 60 Verb + preposition + -ing (succeed in -ing / accuse somebody of -ing, etc.)
동사 + 전치사 + -ing
- 동사(verb) + 전치사(preposition, in/for/about, etc.) + 목적어(object) 구조:
Verb + Prep. + Object We talked
You should apologize
what you said.
- 목적어가 동사인 경우는 -ing (동명사) 사용:
Verb + Prep. + -ing (Ojbect) We talked
You should apologized
going to South America.
not telling the truth.
- 이와 같은 구조의 동사들:
look forward (to)
Have you succeeded
I wouldn’t dream
He doesn’t approve
We have decided
Do you feel
I’m looking forward
finding a job yet?
paying for dinner.
buying a house.
asking them for money.
moving to Chicago.
going out tonight?
- “approve of somebody doing something,” “look forward to somebody doing something” 의 구조도 가능합니다.¹
- I don’t approve of people killing animals for fun.
- We are all looking forward to Bob coming home.
§ ¹ 동명사의 의미상 주어 – 동명사의 동작의 주체를 나타내며 소유격이나 목적격을 사용합니다.
- 동사(verb) + 목적어(object) + 전치사(preposition) + -ing 구조:
Verb + Object + Prep. + -ing (Object) congratulate (on)
The noise keeps
The rain didn’t stop
I forgot to thank
getting a new job.
being a spy.
coming to see us?
enjoying our vacation.
not returning your call.
- 위의 동사들은 수동형으로 자주 사용합니다.
- We were accused of telling lies.
- The general was suspected of being a spy.
- “apologize to somebody for . . .” 의 형태로 사용합니다.
- I apologized to them for keeping them waiting. (not I apologized them)
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.