Unit 52 Verb + to . . . (decide to . . . / forget to . . . , etc.)
동사 + to . . .
부정사 목적어를 취하는 동사
- 위의 동사들은 부정사 (infinitive) to . . . 를 목적어로 취합니다.
- It was late, so we decided to take a taxi home.
- David was in a difficult situation, so I agreed to help him.
- How old were you when you learned to drive? (or learned how to drive)
- Karen failed to make a good impression at the job interview.
- 부정사의 부정형은 not to . . . :
- We decided not to go out because of the weather.
- I promised not to be late.
- enjoy/think/suggest 등과 같이 부정사를 목적어로 취하지 못하는 동사들이 있습니다.
- I enjoy reading. (not enjoy to read)
- Sam suggested going to the movies. (not suggested to go)
- Are you thinking of buying a car? (not thinking to buy)
- 동사 + -ing 는 Unit 51 참조, 동사 + 전치사 + -ing 는 Unit 60 참조.
- 다음 동사들도 to . . . (부정사, infinitive)를 목적어로 취합니다.
seem appear tend pretend claim
- They seem to have plenty of money.
- I like Dan, but I think he tends to talk too much.
- Ann pretended not to see me when she passed me on the street.
- 진행부정사 to be doing 과 완료부정사 to have done:
- I pretended to be reading the newspaper. (= I pretended that I was reading)
- You seem to have lost weight. (= it seems that you have lost weight)
- Joe seems to be enjoying his new job. (= it seems that he is enjoying it)
- dare 은 부정사 to . . . 또는 원형부정사를 목적어로 취합니다.
- I wouldn’t dare to tell him. or I wouldn’t dare tell him.
- 의문사 (what/whether/how, etc.) + to . . . 형태를 사용할 수 있는 동사:
Have you decided
I don’t know
Do you understand
to the station.
for your vacation?
for the job or not.
- show/tell/ask/advise/teach + 사람 + what/how/where + to do something 의 형태로 사용합니다.
- Can somebody show me how to change the film in this camera?
- Ask Jack. He’ll tell you what to do.
이 저작물은 크리에이티브 커먼즈 저작자표시-비영리-변경금지 4.0 국제 라이선스에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.